Happy New Year Amelia. Trust you had a good break too.
We are all back and most of us at work after our terrific snow holiday. We all had a lovely time at Madarao. The snow could have been slightly better but I think that was the case in most of the resorts this year in Japan. Some of the runs were starting to thin out by mid week but luckily for us we got a light dusting of about 10cm on the last day of skiing/snowboarding.
We all wanted to thank you for helping us coordinate and organise our snow trip to Japan. It went very well and smooth. Some feedback for you
1. The hotel had very limited eating options. if you are recommending this hotel to other clients I would definitely include dinner vouchers.
2. Getting to other restaurants in Madarao from our hotel was difficult especially at night. During the day we could ski over and could have access to more cafes but at night we had to rely on private buses
3. The slopes and mountains were great. Bigger than Tomamu and good for all our group standards
4. We all liked the in hotel Onsen too. Our rooms in the towers at Tomamu had their own sauna and spa in each room (we will never forget that experience).
5. i personally think the rooms were a little dated but that is comparing to Tomamu which we just love.
6. We all have to say the service with our check in, lift tickets, snow hire was in usual Japanese efficiency. We arrived at night and all our hire equipment was already in allocated lockers ready for us. That was incredible service.
7. The commute from Narita International airport was a long trip by bus. I think next time we would take the bullet train but understand it was difficult with 20 people plus luggage.
Peter & Elita